Peterson Family Looking Forward to 2013

Peterson Family Looking Forward to 2013
In moments when the light of resolution dims and when the heart grows faint, we can take comfort from His promise: “Be not weary in well-doing. Out of small things proceedeth that which is great. Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind." Matt. 6:19–21

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Losing Daisy Dog

Jacob made this card for me after he heard about Daisy. How sweet is this?



Nathan made this card for me. This is a picture of Daisy just last month. The boys loved to go on walks with Daisy. This was taken on a morning walk when the boys spent the night at our house.

These are the last photos we have of our beloved Daisy Dog taken just a few days before we let her go. As you can see she was very weak from her illness. Mark and I took her to the vet on Monday, November 17th, held her in our arms and cried and cried. Daisy was 13 yrs old, that's 78 yrs in doggie time. We know she is in doggie heaven because she only bit a few people; who probably deserved it. Mark's sister Mary who is a true dog lover said all dogs go to heaven. Mary and Helen sent us a darling book "Dog Heaven" by Cynthia Rylant.


4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry about Daisy. I still remember when you got her:) I think it is so hard to lose a family pet. I very vividly remember my last days with Samson. My thoughts are with you.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Sad. It looks like Daisy loved that blanket though!

laurie said...

It's so hard losing a family pet, especially one you've had for so long. I'm with Mary...all dogs go to heaven. Carol went through the same thing not too long ago with Maggie...very sad. How sweet of the boys to make you some cards.

Nuestra Familia said...

I love the boys cards and Daisy's pictures. She was sure a pretty doggy and she is sure so loved by her family. Sorry about your loss, hope you are doing ok.