Peterson Family Looking Forward to 2013

Peterson Family Looking Forward to 2013
In moments when the light of resolution dims and when the heart grows faint, we can take comfort from His promise: “Be not weary in well-doing. Out of small things proceedeth that which is great. Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind." Matt. 6:19–21

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

31st Anniversary Excitement







Mark and I were in Utah for our 31st wedding anniversary. While there we revisited a local amusement park with our children and grandchildren. I felt daring and decided I could handle an attraction which boasted a 10 story drop toward the earth. Mark said if Brooke can do it so can I. As we were strapped into our harnesses we felt pretty brave. The gentleman buckling me up said, "We don't usually get people your age doing this." Hey, what do you mean by that Mr. adult man whose job it is to strap people into harnesses all day long? We didn't get nervous until we were being slowly pulled up and up and up. It was pretty intense. To make things worse I had to pull the rip cord to let us both go!! That was Mark's idea. Then we heard, "People at the top, ready 3, 2, 1 let go! The loud nervous giggle you hear is me realizing that we were still alive. Mark said that he is glad he never has to do that again. I think I like the anniversary I got diamonds. Happy Anniversary Mark. Hot air balloons next year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, I would take the diamonds over that anyday! I can't believe you did that! You're both so brave.

Rachel said...

That looks like SO much fun but Corey would never do it. I think it made Corey nervous just watching the video!